food story | lemon loaf
in collaboration with Sattanan Anumat (stylist/writer) / @sattanan
butter 110 g
granulated sugar 1 cup
2 eggs at room temperature
lemon zest 1/4 cup
flour 1 1/2 cup
baking powder 1/4 tsp
baking soda 1/4 tsp
salt 1/2 tsp
lemon juice 6 tbsp
butter milk 6 tbsp
vanilla extract 1/2 tsp
3 slices of lemon
1. preheat the oven at 170 °C. line the loaf pan with baking paper.
2. cream butter + sugar together until the batter becomes white and fluffy.
3. add in eggs one at a time, follow with the lemon zest.
4. mix the flour + baking powder + baking soda + salt together and sift in a bowl.
5. in another bowl, combine the lemon juice + Butter milk + vanilla extract together.
6. add the dry and wet mixtures into the batter alternately by begin and end with the flour.
7. stir until the mixtures is well combined then pour into the baking pan and smooth it evenly.
8. bake in the oven for 25 - 30 mins or until the stick comes out clean.
9. let the cake cool completely then decorate with 3 lemon slices and finish the cake with icing sugar.